Not sure how to get a business loan in the UK? We suggest that you start here:
Why take out a business loan?
It’s often said in the business world that “you have to spend money to make money”. In some cases, your business may indeed need some additional funding to help it grow. Instances in which you may need extra capital include:
- Starting a new business
- Purchasing inventory
- Purchasing real estate
- Expanding operations
- Purchasing equipment
- Increasing working capital
What to consider when taking out a loan
When considering how to get a business loan, there are a number of elements to think about. In the UK, there are a wide range of loan providers and several products offering subtly different types of business loans. Before making a decision, it’s important to have a basic understanding of the different options available:
- Secured loans – loans that are secured on the valuable assets your business owns, such as vehicles, stock, property and machinery. If your business was to stop making loan repayments, the lender is able to sell your assets to recover their losses.
- Unsecured loans – these loans don’t require security, but lenders offering these loans will want to see factors that indicate the health of your business, such as good turnover and profitability of the business.
- Flexibility – will the loan have a fixed term with fixed monthly payments, or does your business need a more flexible option?
- The nature of your business – the type of loan you take is also dependant on the way you conduct your business. Do you typically trade with customers on credit, or does most of your revenue comes from card machine payments? These factors will play into the type of loan appropriate for your business. Some lenders even specialise in particular sectors.
What will your lender want to know?
- How long your business has been trading
- A history of your business trading
- Your annual turnover
- Profit margins
- Your business and personal credit history
The Smarter Business solution – how to get a business loan fast!
Knowing how to get a business loan is the first step, actually getting the loan – and getting it fast! – is step two. This is where the consultants at Smarter Business can come in, offering fast and flexible financing for small businesses across the UK.
Here’s how to get a business loan fast:
Simply fill in the form on this page and a Smarter Business consultant will get straight back to you with an instant, no-obligation quote for your quick business loan.
Why choose Smarter Business loans?
- The application process is simple
- You can apply online
- Get approvals as fast as few hours
- Get funding in 2-5 days