Getting the best business electricity deal is a dream for most business owners since it gives them the best value at a reasonable price. Business electricity is crucial to every company’s day-to-day operation. Still, it can be very expensive, especially if you have a big company with plenty of branches or a lot of heavy machinery running on electricity.
Are you unsatisfied with your current business electricity provider and want to acquire a different electricity deal? Or are you starting a business and are looking for the best business electricity deal from the get-go? Don’t worry! This guide can help you find the best electricity deals in the UK.
1. Start comparing electricity providers
One of the best ways to find the best business electricity deal within the UK is to make a list of business electricity providers and compare their offers. With that said, it can take a lot of time and effort to compile all of the data needed to compare them side by side. It will require you to visit the websites of business electricity providers you are interested in. If their rates are not posted on their website, you need to contact them individually for it.
Luckily, you may find a comparison website that has already done all the hard work for you. There are various comparison blogs, articles, and reviews that can be found all over the internet.
By taking advantage of those reviews, you can easily find the data you need and weigh your options. Sometimes, the review author even posts their own choices and opinions. With that said, be sure to pay attention to the specific date when the business electricity comparison was posted; you don’t want to base your decision-making on outdated information.
If the posting date was a few months ago and the comparison was not updated recently, take the information posted with a grain of salt. It might be outdated since the business electricity rate posted there might have increased or decreased already since it was posted. By depending on outdated data, you will potentially miss out on cheaper and better deals.
2. Hire an energy consulting company
If you have the resources to do so, hiring an energy consulting company to do the bulk of the research is certainly worth the money. Most energy consulting companies are partnered with multiple business energy providers, which means they can easily recommend the best one suited for your business.
An energy consulting company will research for you and advise you in choosing the best electricity deal using various factors. Aside from finding you the best electricity provider, working with an energy consulting company comes with other benefits. They can help you cut a deal with your chosen business electricity supplier and give you tips on reducing your energy consumption in general, among other things.
Finding the best electricity deals is made easier when working with a consultancy firm, as stated above. If you want to go this route, we will be happy to assist you here at Smarter Business. Within the past few years, we have assisted various businesses in the UK, whether a small start-up or a big corporation. With a total of 27 partner business suppliers, we have plenty of business electricity deals to compare and present to you.
Here at Smarter Business, we do the backbone of the research and data analysis specially tailored for your business, providing you with useful insights and advice that you cannot get anywhere else. By working with us, you can easily decide what business electricity deal to acquire. We will also provide you with factors to consider, such as the price, reliability, and the electricity provider’s experience and performance.
In addition to this, we at Smarter Business will guide you in decreasing your energy consumption by creating business electricity plans. We will also give tips on how your business can reduce your electricity usage by distinguishing other factors that will reduce energy consumption while not impacting your business.
Aside from business electricity, we also offer consultancy on business gas, business water, business waste disposal, and business telecoms. We also advise businesses on their finances in general.
Our team has worked with a long list of clients from various business industries. With our years of experience, we are confident that we can provide you with the best business electricity packages with your best interest in mind.
Are you interested in working with us? Dial 0144 422 0060 to get in touch. You can also send your concerns using our contact form at https://smarterbusiness.co.uk/contact-us/ or send it directly to our email at email@example.com.
Strategies to Make Your Business More Energy Efficient
- Get equipment that has energy-saving features. These can include printers, desk lamps, or laptops
- Turn off all appliances as soon as business hours end, especially on non-operating days.
- Invest in solar panels that save energy by warming water or that produce electricity that can be stored for later use.
- Plan for simple and realistic energy-saving goals every month.
- Make the most of natural light instead of artificial lighting.
- Conduct energy audits regularly to control business electricity rates.
- Establish a budget for energy outputs to prevent expenses from increasing.
All You Need To Know About Small Business Energy Usage
- Compare energy providers and find the leading business electricity rates. Then, make the switch to the best electricity provider out there.
- Wait four to six weeks for the completion of a contract switch.
- Expect to consume 15,000 kWh a year and to pay £1,000 when managing a micro business.
- Apply for a business energy tariff and contract when working from home since the costs would be lower than a domestic tariff.
- Check if the VAT difference for bills payments in work-from-home setups will affect any savings.
- Verify if working from home enables eligibility.
- Ask the supplier regarding the calculation of utility bills.
Beginner’s Guide to Business Energy
- Determine the difference between domestic and business energy.
- Know the types of business energy contracts and those that should be avoided.
- Understand what factors comprise a business energy bill.
- Shop around business energy suppliers at renewal time to get the best business electricity price.
- Ask a supplier regarding the starting date of a renewal window.
- Use energy supplier comparison services or consult a broker in measuring quotes.
- Contact energy suppliers directly to get personalised quotes.
- Identify existing tariffs and annual bills in comparing prices.
- Check a supplier’s reputation and customer service records before switching.
Tips for Saving Energy in the Office
- Turn off office equipment every night and during weekends.
- Consider buying tools that have a power-saving mode when not in use.
- Use laptops and inkjet printers since they consume less energy.
- Install, repair, and maintain weather-stripping around doors and windows.
- Put shade screens, shades, and overhangs on windows.
- Consider insulated curtains, valances, blinds, or other removable insulation materials.
- Seal cracks and gaps around windows and doors.
- Change burned-out lamps with lower wattage or energy-efficient ones.
- Mark circuit breakers that can be turned off when not in use.
- Maximise the use of natural lighting.
If you’ve been searching for the best options and energy suppliers to get top business electricity tariff, check out a variety of reliable services at Smarter Business! Call one of our representatives today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does business energy work?
Business energy often has low rates since it is bought en masse. Suppliers provide enough energy to cover the duration of a contract that can last for as long as five years. Before providing a personalised quote, energy suppliers conduct thorough assessments of business needs to create the best electricity deals.
What influences the price of electricity?
Electricity prices are primarily influenced by commodity costs. Since steam-driven turbines create electricity, those that commodities used to produce steam have become highly valuable. These are nuclear fuels, gas, coal, and oil. Since these commodities are highly in demand, their price on the fuel market increases, increasing electricity rates. The weather and supply constraints also affect electricity prices.
What is a good rate for business electricity?
Business electricity rates depend on the business size. A rate is considered good if it meets the average or is lower than it per kWh. For a small business, the average cost is 15.10 pence per kWh. For medium businesses, it’s 13.10 pence per kWh. As for large companies, the rate is 13.08 per kWh.
How much does business electricity cost in the UK?
On average, business electricity in the UK costs £3,061 yearly. The average unit price is 14.36p per kilowatt-hour (kWh). On the other hand, the average daily standing charge is 28p. Annually, most businesses use between 15,000 and 25,000 kWh. You may get cheaper fixed rates if your business consumes large amounts of electricity.
Can you get business electricity at home?
Yes. This provides a cost-efficient option. The energy consumption costs of businesses are lower since they pay less per kWh and receive more economical prices from energy suppliers. There are also exceptions to VAT liability and Climate Change levies. That’s because those who work from home are expected to use less than an average of 3kWh of electricity.
What businesses use a lot of electricity?
Businesses that use many appliances to refrigerate food, such as grocery stores, restaurants, and convenience stores constantly require a lot of electricity. Car dealerships are also part of the list because they need adequate lighting and power to showcase their vehicles. The same goes for offices, residential buildings, hotels and motels, as these establishments regularly use cooling, security, and computer systems.