Call the team on:
Or fill out the quick-quote form, we'll call you back, sit back and save!
Save on Gas and Electricity Quotes
Switch today and stand a chance to save up to 40% on your business gas and electricity. Get no-obligation gas and electricity quotes from Smarter Business.
With the increasing price of gas and electricity and a growing competitive market, these areas present businesses with the potential for simple savings. Shopping the market and comparing gas and electricity quotes can yield up to a 40% saving – money which can then be allocated to other important areas of your business.
Why use a brokerage for my gas and electricity quotes?
At Smarter Business, we know that time is a valuable resource for SMEs and, whilst savings are attractive, the process of acquiring and comparing electricity quotes is confusing or time-consuming. As an independent consultancy, we are here to help you do smarter business by comparing gas and electricity quotes on your behalf.
“At Rightboat.com, we want to thank the Smarter Business team for helping to sort out our electricity issues at our new offices. We were stuck in an out-of-contract rate with our old supplier at 65 pence per kilowatt! You reduced our bill to just 13p – a whopping 80% reduction! Many thanks.” – Nicky Tucker, Rightboat MD
What makes Smarter Business different to other brokers?
Through our long-standing relationships with reputable suppliers, we are able to negotiate, procure, and compare gas and electricity quotes on your behalf and ensure contract terms best-suited to your needs. Your dedicated account manager has the industry knowledge and expertise to secure the most affordable energy contract and advise on other energy-related services such as smart metering and invoice validation. Through this partnership, Smarter Business will assist you in setting up a strategy to monitor and manage your gas and electricity and implement best practices for on-going benefits which extend well beyond your contract start date.
Contact us today to find out how we can help your business discover potential savings and revolutionise this area of operations for a new age of gas, electricity, and cost efficiency.
Too many SMES are paying more than they need to on gas and electricity
Every SME in the UK is different, but they do all have one thing in common – they all use gas and electricity. Another thing small businesses have in common is that many of them stand to save when they compare gas and electricity quotes and switch energy suppliers.
Why should you compare gas and electricity quotes?
- Cut your energy bills (you can secure savings of up to 40%)!
- Stop wasting money on gas and electricity you don’t need.
- Avoid paying more than you should for gas and electricity.
Did you know? 30% of SMEs say that the cost of gas and electricity stands in the way of their businesses’ growth and success.
Why is it important for SMEs to save on energy?
- Reduce expenses over the long-term.
- With margins tight and profits under pressure, every cent counts.
- The volatility of gas and energy prices means that prices fluctuate.
- The UK energy market is increasingly competitive, with over 60 gas and electricity suppliers.
- Energy prices are on the rise – expected to rise 30% by 2020.
- It’s simple to switch and save!
How much do small business gas and electricity cost?
Although different industries and businesses have different energy needs, the average UK SME spends about £1050 on gas per year and £2730 annually on electricity. Comparing gas and electricity quotes allows you to use the same consumption patterns, and see how much your energy bills with another supplier would be.
Top tip for monitoring your gas and electricity consumption
If you don’t yet have a smart meter, be sure to take regular gas and electricity meter readings, whether this be monthly, weekly or daily. And make sure that you meter readings are reflected on your energy bills – never pay your energy bills based on estimates alone.
The simple way for small businesses to save on gas and electricity
Did you know? Over half of UK SMEs have never switched gas and electricity supplier, or they have only switched once.
Get in the know with a smart meter
All energy suppliers are required to offer customers smart meter to monitor their energy use.
The more information you have about your energy consumption habits, the more accurately you’ll be able to work out potential savings.
Having a smart meter installed means that your gas and electricity readings will be submitted to your supplier automatically. This saves the effort of taking manual meter readings and means that your readings will be more accurate.
This accurate, real-time data will help you monitor your business gas and electricity consumption. Through this, you can identify where your business can save on energy and reduce your gas and electricity bills.
As top energy brokers in the UK, Smarter Business can liaise with your supplier to get your smart meter installed. Then, we will help you monitor your energy usage and portfolio. We use the data from your smart meter to help you get the most out of your energy contracts.
Why small businesses choose to use an energy broker
Many small businesses lack the time and resources to:
- Compare gas and electricity quotes.
- Monitor energy consumption.
- Identify potential energy savings.
- Create a thorough energy strategy.
How to compare gas and electricity quotes
With our industry expertise and relationships with gas and electricity suppliers, our energy brokers can compare gas and electricity prices to find the right contract for your small business needs.
- Contact a Smarter Business energy broker.
- Provide us with your postcode and historical energy bills or usage information.
- We’ll do the hard work of comparing gas and electricity quotes.
- We will find an energy contract that will save you money and suit your business’ energy consumption patterns.
How to switch gas and electricity supplier
- Confirm which gas and electricity supplier and plan your small business will be using.
- Provide us with your bank details and full address.
- We’ll alert your supplier that they have a new customer.
- We will ensure that your old supplier is informed, and that your contract comes to an end on the relevant date.
- Your gas and electricity supply won’t get cut off during the switching period, as you’ll still be using the same cables and pipes.
- Once you have switched to the new gas and electricity supplier, your Smarter Business account manager will be in regular contact. They will be able to answer any questions you have and help you manage your new energy contract.
Please note: you also have a cooling off period of 14 days in case you decide that you no longer want to switch energy suppliers. We will contact your new supplier and let them know. The supplier will cancel the switch without interrupting your gas and electricity supply.
It’s simple for SMEs to switch and save
Even Government is trying to keep your energy bills down by making it easier to switch suppliers. And with a Smarter Business energy broker at your side, switching energy suppliers – and saving on gas and electricity! – is a simple, seamless process.
And the benefit to your small business? Gas and electricity savings of up to 40%!
Fill in the form at the top of this page to speak to qualified energy consultant.
“Thank you very much for all your help in establishing and then re-establishing our communal electricity contracts with nPower. I thank you for the diligence, perseverance and patience you applied with these contracts. I was in communication with nPower yesterday, and they too commented on how our broker has ‘come up trumps’ for us.
I congratulate you on your high level of customer care, interpersonal skills and competencies. I am very grateful for the interventions you made on our behalf to secure these contracts. Your success is our success, and I appreciate what it has taken to see these through.
Keep on doing what you do, and keep on doing it as well as you have done with this set of contracts.”
– Pauline Scanlon, Ashbourne Park Owners Association