It’s time to compare business electricity prices
Avoid overpaying for your energy! Compare business electricity with the UK’s leading utilities consultancy company and get a great deal on your business electricity rates.
A business electricity price comparison with us is quick and simple, helping to save you time and money. It takes only a few minutes for us to help you compare business electricity prices and find the right energy deal for your needs. See below for some answers to your frequently asked questions on business energy comparisons.
Call the team on:
Or fill out the quick-quote form, we'll call you back, sit back and save!
What’s on this page?
- Compare business electricity providers and save
- Why use Smarter Business to compare business electricity prices?
- Why compare business energy prices?
- Business benefits: it pays to switch
- 5 Signs it’s Time to Compare Business Electricity Prices
- Here are 5 signs that it’s time to compare business energy prices:
- Business Electricity Comparison: Your Frequently Asked Questions
Compare business electricity providers and save
Energy is an essential expense for most businesses, which means that most businesses stand to save money and improve profitability by reducing energy expenditure. If you’re looking for electricity for business, then switching electricity supplier is an opportunity for your business to reduce costs by choosing a better commercial energy contract. This means that switching supplier can help you find cheap business electricity and save you money in the process.
Comparing business electricity prices from different suppliers is a quick way to start saving!
How to compare business electricity prices in three simple steps
- Get in touch with an energy expert at Smarter Business
- We’ll just need your postcode and energy consumption habits
- We’ll conduct a whole-of-market price comparison on your behalf
Why use Smarter Business to compare business electricity prices?
- We’re 100% independent.
- We use market-leading technology to find the best available deals.
- We use our collective bargaining power to negotiate on your behalf.
- We compare energy prices from over 27 energy suppliers (including all of the big brands) to help you save on your energy bills.
Why compare business energy prices?
Comparing business electricity prices means that you’re exploring all the options to get the right electricity contract for your business. Smarter Business can compare a range of different tariffs from business electricity suppliers across the whole of the UK to help you find the best business electricity deals for your business – whether you’re looking for the cheapest electricity for business, green energy contracts or a cost-effective contract over a longer term.
And it’s not always about switching to a new supplier – with our buying power we can often unlock better deals from your existing supplier.
Make sure you’re making an informed decision: we can show you all the new offers and types of tariffs that are available and you can easily pick the one that is right for you.
The difference between the average standard variable tariff and the cheapest deal on the market is significant, but millions of businesses and households are simply not switching providers to access these savings.
Failing to compare electricity providers has come at a cost of £1,500 over six years for millions of UK households, a recent survey has revealed.
Although households could save up to £300 per year if they switch suppliers, figures from the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) show that over a third (35%) UK households did not change their gas or electricity provider between 2012 and 2017.
The YouGov survey found that: A third of UK households (33%) say they do not compare electricity providers because they believe all suppliers are the same and don’t see the point in switching. 65% of people would read reviews when planning to spend £1,000, but only 16% read reviews about their new energy supplier or tariff when they last switched.
Compare business electricity rates from different suppliers to see if you can find the right energy contract for your business, which could make a big difference to your bottom line.
We’ll help you find prices from a range of different electricity suppliers in one go, so there’s no need to spend ages contacting each supplier one by one.
If you decide to switch electricity supplier due to one of our business electricity quotes, we’ll manage the process for you, so there’ll be no disruption to your business.
As well as offering you the ability to compare business electricity quotes, we’ll provide ongoing energy management.
Business benefits: it pays to switch
The potential savings for businesses are also significant when they compare electricity providers and change suppliers. A growing competitive market presents businesses with the potential for simple savings, and shopping the market can yield savings of up to 40%. Tips for businesses and households to cut energy bills: Staying with the same energy supplier means that you may be paying hundreds of pounds more a year for the same gas and electricity. Check your energy tariff regularly and switch to a cheaper deal is one of the quickest and easiest ways to cut your bills. Install a smart meter. Use an independent consultant to negotiate, procure, and compare quotes on your behalf.
So what stops people from comparing electricity providers and switching? It’s time and effort. Although the savings are attractive, securing cheaper energy contracts for your business can be frustrating and time-consuming. At Smarter Business, we know that time is one of the most valuable resources for SMEs. As an independent consultancy, we leverage our long-standing relationships with reputable suppliers to ensure contract terms that save you money and are best-suited to your needs. Contact us today to find out how we can help your business compare electricity providers and discover potential savings.
5 Signs it’s Time to Compare Business Electricity Prices
In today’s competitive energy market, it pays to compare business energy prices. A growing number of energy suppliers in the UK means a wide range of business energy prices and packages.
Did you know? Suppliers are making around £500m in excess profits due to UK businesses overpaying on utility bills. By shopping the market and taking the time to compare business energy quotes, your organisation can save up to 40% on business energy tariffs.
Here are 5 signs that it’s time to compare business energy prices:
- Your existing energy contract is coming to an end. You have a window period before your contract ends to compare business energy prices to identify potential savings.
- You are on a deemed contract. Out-of-contract rates are expensive, so it’s best to negotiate or source a new contract before your existing energy contract comes to an end.
- Your options are limited. An energy supplier may recommend a deal to you without including all the energy contract options available, which means that you’re not able to compare business energy prices comprehensively.
- You signed up when energy market rates were high. You may have started a new contract when energy prices were high. This means that you are stuck paying higher rates than you need to.
- Your supplier hasn’t taken your unique circumstances into account. A number of variables affect the price you pay for your energy. In addition, every organisation has its own context and requirements that will affect the kind of energy contract to suit their specific needs.
Business Energy Comparison Dos and Don’ts
Unlike household energy, business energy tariffs are bespoke and can vary greatly. This means that it’s important to conduct a thorough business energy comparison from the various suppliers in the market. The result of this process is a cost-effective contract aligned to your business’s energy strategy. Here’s our list of business energy comparison dos and don’ts as you face the daily challenge of implementing an efficient energy policy:
Business Energy Comparison Dos
- Shop around – an increasing number of energy suppliers means more competition in the market. This provides more opportunities for a wide-ranging business energy comparison.
- Get a breakdown of the per unit rates for gas and electricity, as well as the standing charges (the fixed cost of having an energy supply). Remember that a lower unit costs can be offset with a higher standing charge, and vice versa.
- Ensure that if you get a fixed-term contract, this agreement refers to the amount of time that a deal is fixed for, rather than referring to the fixed cost of the energy tariff.
- Check if your business qualifies for exemption from the Climate Change Levy (CCL).
- Remember that your business energy needs are unique. No two businesses are the same, which means that you need to compare business energy on a case-by-case basis.
Business Energy Comparison Don’ts
- Don’t wait too late before shopping the market for a new business energy supplier. You can get a new contract 120 days before the end of your current contract, but it can take up to 28 days to process the change, so don’t leave it until the last minute.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. Because the energy tariffs for businesses are bespoke, this gives you the opportunity to bargain for lower energy prices.
- Don’t fall into the trap of auto-renewing your existing contract. This prevents you from switching and saving when your contract comes to an end.
- Don’t worry about downtime – there should be no disruption to your gas and electricity when you switch suppliers.
- Don’t rush the process – once you’ve signed a contract, you don’t normally have a ‘window period’ to cancel the contract. You will usually be locked in for the full contract period once you have signed.
Business Electricity Comparison: Your Frequently Asked Questions
- Save money by switching to a better deal
- Get better customer service
- Opt for green energy
The experts at Smarter Business can help you with a business electricity comparison and guide you through the process of changing your energy supplier without any hassle.
There are close to 70 active energy suppliers in the market. To compare these on your own would be very time-consuming.
A business electricity price comparison can also be tricky as pricing can be complex when you start comparing unit costs, non-commodity costs and standard variable charges.
Rather let our energy experts use our industry-leading software to do it for you!
Our data show that you can save up to 40% on your business energy bill by switching suppliers.
Do you have a recent energy bill on hand? This will have all the information we need to be able to compare business electricity quotes on your behalf:
- Energy consumption habits
- Current supplier
- Current tariffs
Switching energy suppliers is more straightforward than you may think. Since all the infrastructure remains the same, it’s simply a case of changing who supplies it.
As long as you’re within your contract renewal period, it won’t cost you to switch suppliers. If you switch through Smarter Business, we’ll take care of the entire process for you, even letting your previous supplier know that you won’t be using them anymore.
Your gas and electricity supply will continue as normal when you switch business electricity suppliers.
Moving your business premises presents a great opportunity to switch to a cheaper energy contract. Contact Smarter Business to conduct an energy price comparison on your behalf.
When you switch to a new energy supplier with Smarter Business, we’ll let you know the date that you’ll be switched over. We’ll send your last meter reading to your previous supplier so that they can send you your final bill.
Most energy suppliers in the UK have signed the Energy Switch Guarantee. Under this agreement, they are required to process your energy switch within 21 days.
Conducting a business electricity price comparison can be time-consuming and complex. Along with gas and electricity unit costs, there are also non-commodity costs, standing charges and more to consider. That’s why many companies choose to use the services of an expert energy broker.
When you’ve chosen a new deal with Smarter Business, we’ll handle the entire switching process for you, including dealing with your previous supplier. You won’t need to contact your previous or new supplier; we’ll do it for you.
The UK’s gas and electricity market as a whole is regulated by Ofgem, but the prices are not.
The UK energy market was opened to competition in 1996. Since then, UK consumers have been able to compare business electricity suppliers to find cheaper deals.
Overall, Ofgem’s mandate is to regulate the market in a way that encourages engagement from energy consumers and increases competition between suppliers, causing prices to drop by default.
Experts predict a volatile year for wholesale gas prices and electricity prices in 2019. Many uncertainties exist in terms of the global energy markets, but the main driver of the fluctuations for the UK will be the exchange rate and the weakness of the Pound against the US Dollar. The UK is an energy-importing nation, and Brexit uncertainties will have a great impact on the price of oil for the UK as suppliers will be looking for guaranteed revenue and security. This will mainly affect the gas markets, but electricity markets will feel the pinch too, as higher upstream costs of the raw material fuels will trickle down to wholesale markets.
The year’s weather will also have an impact on wholesale prices. Cold weather causes higher demand and shorter supply, driving prices upwards.
Read our Energy Saving Guide for more tips and guidelines.