Ecotricity was the world’s first green electricity company. Back in 1996, there was no such thing as “green electricity”, which means that when Ecotricity offered it for the first time, the company became the world’s first green electricity company. Ecotricity offer 100% green electricity, powered by the wind and the sun.
In 2010, the company introduced the concept of green gas to Britain by making their own gas (from food waste) and putting it into the national gas grid.
Facts about Ecotricity
- The greenest energy company in Britain.
- 100% green electricity.
- Made from wind and sun – no fossil fuels and no animal by-products.
- Built windmills and sunmills across Britain.
- First windmill built in 1996.
- Green gas is made from organic material.
- Ecotricity is a not-for-dividend company, operating a unique model whereby it uses its customers’ energy bills to fund the building of new sources of green energy.
- Make around one-fifth of their energy from a fleet of windmills and sunmills; the rest is bought from other green generators.
- First company in the world to supply green electricity.
- All gas comes with a frack-free promise.
- The company can help you make your own energy on site.
- Ecotricity are currently planning several green gasmills to establish green gas as a major energy source for Britain.
- The only energy company recognised by The Vegan Society for supplying and generating its own vegan electricity.
Ecotricity offers both domestic and business gas and electricity contracts. The company services small companies and has the expertise to set up and manage complex and large business energy accounts.
What energy contracts are available?
Ecotricity offers made-to-measure, fixed term business energy contracts (from one to three years) alongside their rolling tariff. They do not charge exit fees.
Is Ecotricity the right supplier for you?
If your business is interested in joining Ecotricity’s mission to create a greener Britain, take responsibility for its environmental impact, and play its part in the green energy revolution, then this may be the right energy supplier for you. However, it’s not the only green energy supplier out there and it’s always wise to conduct a whole-of-market comparison so that you can be sure that you are getting the best possible deal.
How to switch to Ecotricity
Switching to Ecotricity is simple when you use Smarter Business as your energy broker. As part of our energy procurement service, we’ll handle the entire switching process from start to finish. Your dedicated account manager at Smarter Business will liaise with both your existing supplier and your new supplier to ensure a seamless switch.
What if I have a problem with my Ecotricity energy supply?
If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding your Ecotricity energy account, Smarter Business become your first point of call. You can speak directly to your Smarter Business account manager, who will liaise with Ecotricity on your behalf, saving you time and hassle.