Flogas began in 1984 with the acquisition of Portagas. As the company’s reputation for great products and services grew, so did the business – with the acquisition of Alta Gas in 2001, British Gas LPG in 2002 and BP LPG in 2013. The Flogas head office is based in Syston, Leicestershire, where the company has a team of over 100 people. Flogas Britain is part of DCC plc; an ambitious and entrepreneurial FTSE 100 company with an annual turnover of £11 billion.
Flogas now offers an extensive portfolio of products and services – from LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) supply for homes, businesses and vehicles, right through to LNG (liquefied natural gas), commercial mains gas, and propane enrichment for biomethane.
Facts about Flogas
- Flogas are proud holders of a royal warrant, a sign that you can rely on the very highest standards of service, quality and excellence.
- We have the largest nationwide LPG delivery network in the UK.
- DCC plc employ approximately 11,500 people across four divisions and operate in 17 countries.
- The company has 30 years’ experience providing alternative energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers in the UK.
- Large-scale LPG and LNG supply options provide an efficient, cost-effective alternative to oil for high energy users.
- The company’s presence in Europe has also grown extensively. The Flogas Group now includes Flogas NI, Flogas Ireland, Flogas Sweden, Benegas (Belgium and Netherlands), Flogas Norway.
- A simple switch from oil to LNG could bring significant savings on your energy costs, as well as reducing your carbon emissions.
Flogas supplies LPG to a wide range of customers across Britain. This ranges from private house-holders, pubs and hotels, to industrial and distribution businesses, caravan parks, poultry and arable farmers and petrol stations.
The Flogas fleet of tankers deliver to bulk customers throughout the UK, and gas cylinders are filled at Flogas terminals and can be delivered or collected from one of the company’s direct depots.
What energy contracts are available?
Flogas offers matrix contracts between 1-3 years and bespoke contracts for 4-5 years.
Is Flogas the right supplier for you?
The only way to find out whether an energy supplier is right for you is to conduct a whole-of-market comparison, comparing providers, their unit costs, customer service levels, payment methods, standing charges and other variables. This can be a time-consuming process, which is why many businesses choose to use the services of an expert energy broker like Smarter Business.
How to switch to Flogas
When you work with Smarter Business, we’ll handle the entire switching process for you. All we’ll need are your business details and latest meter reading. We’ll be in touch with both your existing supplier and your new supplier to ensure that your switch is a seamless one.
What if I have a problem with my Flogas energy supply?
When you procure your gas and electricity through Smarter Business, we’ll take care of all your business energy queries and complaints. We deal directly with the supplier so that you don’t have to, streamlining and simplifying your energy management.