How Can Golf Clubs Save Electricity?
How can golf clubs save electricity in more ways? With the energy-intensive process of keeping a golf course running, energy cost savings can make a big difference in freeing up extra funds. The more efficiently a course can be operated, the more profitable it can become.
What uses the most electricity?
Both the clubhouse and the course maintenance are energy-intensive.
- Water management
- Golf cart charging
- Clubhouse facilities such as kitchens, lighting, geysers, heated pools
3 ways golf clubs save electricity
1. Use less energy
Involve key club officials and staff members in a discussion about where energy can be saved, identifying both problems and opportunities.
- Where is energy currently being wasted?
- Do we need to do any maintenance or repair work to reduce energy costs?
- Where do we need to spend some money in the short-term to improve energy efficiency in the long run?
- Where is there a need for capital investment to improve energy efficiency?
2. Pay less for electricity
Your golf course could be stuck on an energy contract that isn’t giving the best price for the energy you use. With a growing, competitive energy market, shopping the market and comparing golf course electricity quotes can show you some impressive savings. Switching to a new energy provider is simpler than you think, and can results in savings of up to 40% on your energy costs.
3. Golf clubs save electricity by design
It’s not always easy to retrograde existing infrastructure for energy efficiency, but new golf courses have significant opportunities to exploit the latest energy conservation developments. For example, simply reducing by the exposure of the clubhouse building to the elements, golf clubs save electricity in the long-term.
Other energy efficient considerations for golf courses:
- Plan the course to fit as closely as possible with the existing landform to lower the energy costs of the golf course’s construction.
- Use local suppliers avoid long-distance transportation.
- Non-playing areas should be low-maintenance (preferably indigenous) vegetation to reduce energy associated with maintaining the area.
How golf clubs save electricity – fast!
The fastest way for golf courses to save electricity is to shop around for more competitive tariffs once your existing energy contract is coming to an end. Although this can yield significant savings, the process can be time-consuming for already-stretched golf course managers. This is where an expert energy broker can help:
The experienced consultants at Smarter Business help golf courses manage, monitor, and save on their energy costs. With our level of expertise; strength of supplier relationships; leading-edge technology; and range of fixed, flexible, and bespoke products, we are able to source the most competitive energy pricing for your needs.
Speak to a qualified energy consultant about your golf course’s gas and electricity today: https://smarterbusiness.co.uk/contact-us/