INFOGRAPHIC: How to Save Money on Energy Bills
Here’s how to save money on energy bills.
Take the Simple Energy Saving Challenge:
✓ Save money
✓ Save the environment
…with our simple energy-saving steps.
To make the challenge even more rewarding, we’ve estimated how much you will save in a year – and these figures are just for an average household; imagine what you could achieve as a large business, school or community?
A few simple steps can add up to significant savings.
Challenge your family, friends and colleagues to tick off the energy-saving ideas on this checklist:
- Turn down the thermostat by 1°C + save £90
- Only use the dishwasher for full loads + save £75
- Cut down your shower time by one minute + save £10
- Regularly defrost your freezer + save £100
- Switching your washing machine temperature down and dry clothes outside + save £33
- Use a sink or washing up bowl rather than running the tap + save £30
- Switch your bulbs to energy-saving LED lights + save £300
- Don’t leave electronics on standby – switch them off + save £80
- Only boil the amount of water you actually need in the kettle + save £20
- Invest in a jacket for your hot water tank £15 + save £30 = £15
- Switch energy suppliers and save up to £400
A few simple steps = a whopping total of £1 153!
What would you do with an extra £1 000+? Take the challenge, get those around you to do the same, and find out how to save money on energy bills!
Smarter Business is one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies, helping businesses secure the most comprehensive energy savings solutions by identifying how to save money on energy bills. Through long-standing relationships with reputable suppliers, the Smarter Business experts are able to negotiate, procure, and compare energy quotes on your behalf and ensure your business secures contract terms best-suited to its needs.