Ørsted’s vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. Headquartered in Denmark, the company develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions.
Ørsted have become a global leader in offshore wind with a market share of 25%. This currently powers 9.5 million people, a figure the company wishes to raise to 30 million by 2025.
Facts about Ørsted
- Ørsted employs 6,080 people.
- Ørsted adopted its new name in 2017 when it divested its upstream oil and gas business.
- The company is named after the Danish scientist Hans Christian Ørsted, who discovered electromagnetism. He effectively established the foundations for the way we produce power today.
- Since 2006, Ørsted has reduced its coal consumption by 73% and will fully phase out coal by 2023.
- Ørsted’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
- In 2018, the group’s revenue was DKK 76.9 billion (EUR 10.7 billion).
Ørsted supplies renewable energy to both private and business customers.
What energy plan durations are available?
Ørsted offers energy plans between one and three years.
Is Ørsted the right supplier for you?
Smarter Business makes it easy to switch energy suppliers. When your business energy contract is up for renewal, we’ll take care of the entire switching process for you – from understanding your business and its needs, comparing suitable quotes, liaising with both your existing and new supplier to taking care of your ongoing energy management.
How to switch to Ørsted
One of the benefits of procuring your energy through Smarter Business is that we’ll handle any issues with your energy supply on your behalf. If you have any questions or concerns about your energy from EDF, we’ll approach our contacts at EDF and get you the answers and resolutions you need, without the hassle.
What if I have a problem with my Ørsted energy supply?
If you ever have a problem with your energy supply, Smarter Business will be your first – and only – point of contact. This means a streamlined energy service, with a dedicated account manager for all your queries and concerns.