Outsource Facilities Maintenance and Save Your Business Money!
Outsource facilities maintenance for fast support and to prevent things from going wrong in the first place.
What do you do when things go wrong in your building? Find a staff member who enjoys DIY? Call a maintenance man? In today’s increasingly complex working environments, it’s simply not enough to act reactively when you have a problem. In this fast-paced age of efficiency, commercial enterprises pivot on their ability to keep operations running smoothly and with maximum efficiency.
These days, competitive businesses focus on taking preventative measures to keep the organisation running smoothly, efficiently and cost-effectively at all times. And no matter the size of the business or the industry that you’re in, having a clear facilities maintenance strategy can result in far-reaching cost-savings.
Why implement a maintenance schedule?
- Increase the lifespan of your equipment.
- Keep your equipment running optimally so that your business can do the same.
- Increase efficiency.
- Prevent energy waste.
- Give your business a competitive edge.
- Reduce downtime.
Moving away from the reactive modus operandi
Although things can and will go wrong unexpectedly, implementing regular, scheduled and planned maintenance will help your organisation move beyond reactive maintenance to a preventative and proactive model of facilities maintenance.
With the increased digitalisation of business operations, today’s maintenance managers have more opportunities to use rich data to create predictive and preventative maintenance plans.
Why conduct proactive facilities maintenance?
- Conducting routine maintenance saves money in the long run.
- Emergency repairs and replacement can be costly.
- Scheduled maintenance allows you to plan budgets and resources accordingly.
7 reasons to outsource facilities maintenance
Although there are clear benefits to having a strategic facilities maintenance plan in place, many organisations simply lack the time and resources to carry out this essential function. This is why outsourcing your facility maintenance will:
- Relieve this burden on your organisation.
- Maintain your facility effectively and efficiently.
- Specialist service and advice: A commercial facilities maintenance company is aware of the latest best practices, trends and technologies would help them perform their function efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Free up internal resources: Let your staff focus on their core responsibilities.
- Accountability: An external service provider will be held to service-level agreements and standards.
- Comply with rules and regulations: An outsourced service provider will ensure that all compliance standards are being met.
- Availability: A good facilities maintenance partner will be available 24/7 every day of the year, ensuring that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Avoid the expense of maintenance tools and equipment: Maintenance tools are expensive and take up space. Rather use the up-to-date equipment belonging to an outsourced provider.
- Comprehensive services: A third-party vendor can function as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your facilities maintenance needs. These include electrical, mechanical, fire, environmental functions and more.
Professional facilities maintenance
Smarter Business is one of the UK’s leading independent business consultancies, helping you ensure the seamless running of your business when you outsource facilities maintenance. Contact Smarter Business today to help you strategise around your maintenance needs.