Outsourced facilities maintenance companies can deliver greater adaptability, reliability and sustainability for your organisation.
What do facility maintenance companies do?
Facility maintenance companies cover a wide range of services and operations that keep your business, buildings and equipment running as efficiently as possible.
Why use facilities maintenance companies?
Effective facilities maintenance is essential to the success of any business, no matter the size and scope.
- Contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives
- Provides a safe and efficient working environment
- Ensure business continuity and resilience
- Increase business efficiency
- Prolong the lifespan of your equipment
Outsourced facilities maintenance companies will manage the operational aspects of your business so that you can focus your attention on your core revenue-generating activities.
Facility maintenance companies can:
- Ensure that your facility meets government regulations and compliance standards.
- Manage your maintenance budget and future costs.
- Keep basic facilities performing as they should be.
- Implement a repair and replacement plan for your equipment.
- Advise on efficiencies and cost-saving opportunities.
In addition to performing these functions, facilities maintenance companies can help your business benefit from specialist expertise, supplier relationships and volume savings. Another benefit is that you’ll be able to streamline your business operations – instead of dealing with multiple suppliers, invoices and contracts, you can deal with one facilities maintenance provider as a single point of contact.
Facilities maintenance functions
The activities of facility maintenance companies can include a wide range of maintenance, management and monitoring activities, such as:
- Ensuring statutory compliance
- Mechanical maintenance
- Electrical maintenance
- Energy procurement and management
- Environmental services
- Estate management
- Pest and vermin management
- Landscaping and ground maintenance
- Gutter and drainage maintenance
- Fire and security maintenance
- Air-conditioning maintenance
- Gas safety
- Heating system and boiler maintenance
- General lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Lightning protection
- Ductwork and ventilation management
- Water treatment and hygiene
- Water risk assessments
- Air quality monitoring
- CCTV and security system maintenance
- Thermal insulation installation and maintenance
- Maintenance health checks and surveys
Things can and do go wrong. What happens in your business when things break, emergencies happen, and business can’t go on as usual? And what happens if these problems occur on a weekend, in the middle of the night and out of working hours?
With outsourced facilities maintenance companies, you can get 24/7 support and service, which means that problems are fixed faster, and you can get back to business as usual in no time.
Get a proactive facilities maintenance plan
Compiling a preventative facilities maintenance programme helps your business strategise for success. Addressing a potential issue before it becomes a problem prevents any downtime in your operations and keeps your staff focused on their core responsibilities. Facilities maintenance companies not only provide reactive fixes, but also can create proactive preventative maintenance plans to keep your business running efficiently.
Bespoke facilities maintenance solutions
Every business is different and has unique facilities maintenance needs that are dependant on the size, sector and nature of the business.
Smarter Business has a team of experienced engineers and technicians to suggest the right facilities maintenance solution for you.
Use the form on this page to contact Smarter Business for all your facilities maintenance services and compliance requirements.