SSE one of the UK’s ‘big six’ energy suppliers. The company is involved in the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity. The company also deals with the production, storage, distribution and supply of gas, as well as other energy services.
SSE aims to provide energy and related services responsibly and to be a leading provider of energy in a low-carbon world.
Facts about SSE
- SSE’s electricity networks transmit and distribute electricity to about 3.7 million businesses, offices and homes.
- SSE electricity is transmitted through 130,000km of overhead lines and underground cables.
- SGN’s gas networks distribute gas to around 5.7 million homes, offices and businesses.
- Via 75,000km of gas mains.
- The company’s brands include: SSE, Scottish Hydro, Southern Electric, SWALEC, Atlantic and Airtricity.
- One of the UK’s largest generators of electricity
- 10,557MW of generation capacity
SSE supplies electricity and gas to around 9 million households and businesses.
What energy plan durations are available?
SSE offer contracts from 1 to 4 years.
What if I have a problem with my SSE energy supply?
If your energy is supplied by SSE through a contract with Smarter Business, we’ll deal with SSE on your behalf for any potential issues you may have. As your single point of contact, we’ll handle all your business energy needs – from procurement to ongoing energy management.
Is SSE the right supplier for you?
SSE is the second largest supplier of electricity and natural gas in the UK, and the country’s largest generator of renewable energy. The only way to assess whether or not SSE is the right supplier for you is to compare its contract offers, terms and prices with those of other energy suppliers. As an independent energy broker, Smarter Business can conduct a whole market comparison on your behalf to find you the best energy deal.
How to switch to SSE
The expert energy consultants of Smarter Business can take you through the entire switching process from start to finish, leaving you to get on with your core business. Read more about how to switch and save here.